13 November 2010

biscuits

While I love baking bread and rolls, I've never been a successful biscuit maker. I wanted something to go with my split pea soup from the other night so I thumbed through my Betty Crocker Baking for Today cookbook and found a quick recipe for biscuits. Chef Jeff and The Little Chef joined in and it was a family affair. The result? Tasty, tasty biscuits, so tasty in fact, that they were gone before I could photograph them!

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup milk
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
  3. Cut in shortening until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
  4. Stir in just enough milk so the dough leaves the side of bowl and rounds up into a ball.
  5. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Roll to 1/2 inch thick.
  6. Cut out 2 inch biscuits and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove immediately and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...