21 November 2010

Chicken-N-Dumplins'


Chicken -N- Dumplins'

2 chicken breasts
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced onion
1 cup sliced carrots
salt and pepper to taste

Boil chicken and onion until chicken is done remove chicken and dice. (You can also use any left over chicken you have and just boil it with the veggies.) place diced chicken back in pot and add celery and carrots. Boil on low and once veggies are tender drop dumpling by the spoonful on top of broth. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through.

Dumplings
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp cooking oil

This is one of the first recipes I asked my Grandma to share with me. I don't actually remember her ever cooking Chicken and Dumplings for us but it was something that I had had at a restaurant and really liked it and I asked her if she knew how to make it and if she could show me. I always felt very close to my Grandma and miss her very often. This is one way she lives on in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...