08 December 2009

yikes, has it really been that long?

OK, so it's been way too long since anyone posted... especially me. Yikes!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving feasts. I bet you made something delicious either as a long standing tradition or as something new. How about sharing? Cranberry sauce, turkey, stuffing, etc. Come on, what about your grandmother's recipe for fill-in-the-blank?

I'll share my roll recipe. I had 4 nieces and nephews to entertain over Thanksgiving and we kept them busy in the kitchen. They had a lot of fun helping me make rolls. They took turns adding ingredients, stirring, kneading, rolling out the dough, and shaping the rolls.


Whole Wheat Rolls

Ingredients
  • 2 cups warm water
  • 2 tablespoons yeast
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 ½ teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 egg
  • ¼ cup oil
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour

Directions
1. Mix warm water, yeast, and sugar
2. Proof yeast
3. Add salt and whole wheat flour
4. Mix well
5. Add egg and oil
6. Gradually add remaining whole wheat flour a little at a time
7. Let rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour
8. Sprinkle a bit of flour on a clean counter
9. Roll dough and shape
10. Let rise another 30 minutes to 1 hour
11. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes


2 comments:

  1. i made my first turkey and we all agreed it was the best turkey we had ever eaten and i cant take the credit- because- it's oprah's chef's recipe. i'll get the link soon and put it up here so you all can make the best, most moist, delicious turkey of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to post something soon. But foremost on my mind...can you invite me to your personal blog again? Sorry, I forgot and then it expired. jaimelinnea@yahoo.com
    Thanks, Jaime

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...