05 November 2010

yellow cornbread

I've never made my own cornbread, until NOW! I always just used a cornbread mix, but now that I know how simple it is, I don't think I'll go back. I got this recipe from a friend, who got it from a friend. Isn't it great that we like to share good recipes?

Ingredients
  • 1 cup flour (I used whole wheat and it was still nice and fluffy!)
  • 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425. Grease an 8x8 pan.
  2. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt, and stir and toss them together well.
  3. Beat the milk, eggs, honey, and melted fat in another bowl until well mixed, then add them to the dry ingredients, stirring until thoroughly blended.
  4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
  5. Serve piping hot with plenty of butter and jam or honey.

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a really good cornbread recipe. The mixes are too sweet for me and I've tried a couple that were just okay. I think I'll make this today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...