27 May 2010

Fettuccine with Caramelized Onion Cream Sauce

Have you ever eaten so many onions that you feel like you're sweating onions? Pretty gross, isn't it? Well, tonight we tried Fettuccine with Caramelized Onion Cream Sauce. I chopped seven onions. SEVEN! I'd like to say that this was the most time consuming part of the recipe, but unfortunately it wasn't.

After all the chopping, the onions had to sit on the stove for 45 minutes. Yes, forty-five minutes. I thought I could outsmart the recipe and just leave the onions on the stove a lesser time, but halfway through cooking, I figured that I'd come that far, I might as well make the recipe as instructed. So I let them sit them (with some slight stirring in between) for the full 45 minutes.


At the end, I decided to use some of the onions from the sauce to cook tilapia, and all in all I think the dinner was a success. Sure, we have leftovers for the rest of the week, and everything (our house, our clothes, our breath) smells like onions, but it's all worth it for a good meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...