02 February 2010

quinoa and potatoes

This is a recipe that I completely made up one night as I was trying to put dinner together. I started out with a plan, but things just didn't work out how I wanted. I ended up with this, and I was skeptical of how it would taste. Lo and behold, it was really, really good. I was so surprised. Chef Jeff loves it and it is a regular around our house.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups quinoa
  • 8 golden potatoes
  • basil
  • 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
  • pepper
  • scallions
Directions
  1. Cook quinoa in a rice cooker just as you would rice
  2. Wash and cut potatoes into small chunks (I don't peel them)
  3. Put olive oil in a pan
  4. Add basil and pepper to pan
  5. Cook the potatoes until they are soft
  6. Once the quinoa and potatoes are done, mix them together in a big bowl
  7. Top with diced scallions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...