11 December 2009

You'll never look back Sugar Cookies...

I know it looks like a ton of butter, well it is, but I did double the recipe and it is a once in a while dessert.
It's great to have a little helper--as long as we can keep most of the ingredients in the bowl.
All mixed up.
Ready to wrap up to chill.
I made these for the Achievement Girl Christmas party but doubled the recipe to have some to decorate and give away as a family as well.

Powdered Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. butter
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. almond extract
2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. soda
1 t. cream of tartar

Mix together and chill for 2-3 hours
Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.

These are hands down the best sugar cookies. They do break easily when they are baked though so be careful. I guess they break easily because all butter is used instead of shortening but taste better for it and contain no hydrogenated oil. When cool, I glaze them with a powdered sugar and water glaze and then sprinkle with colored sugar. Try them--I've never made them for someone without being asked for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...