10 August 2009

stephanie is awesome


Well. Stephanie gave me a wonderful cooking gift. It's called The Nancy Drew Cookbook. I'm sure I'll be sharing it with you all in bits, and the first bit is Dave's Deviled Potatoes.

These potatoes are pretty much mashed potatoes with a kick. Which is nice for me because I make smashed potatoes pretty frequently but make gravy never. (Get out your mirror to read the recipe.)
And if you don't know who Dave is, he's Ned's friend and George's boyfriend. (Or is he Bess's boyfriend??) And Ned is Nancy's beau. And no, this isn't some modern aspect of Nancy Drew you weren't aware of, George is a girl.

1 comment:

  1. hooray! i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw this cookbook- 1. you love nancy drew 2. you are a great cook and i use all your recipes in the tried and true book on a regular basis SO WHEN I SAW A BOOK THAT COMBINED ONE AND TWO i knew it had to be yours!

    i am excited to see what you like and make from it because i was a little bit tempted to just keep it for myself. maybe i still will track down another copy. love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...