23 July 2009

magic muffins

Great recipes are all around us! Today I was making myself a bowl of Malt-o-Meal and I noticed the recipe on the side of the box. Hmmm... Magic Muffins from Malt-o-Meal, sounds intriguing! I quickly made the batter and into the oven they went. The muffins turned out to be really, really good. They are hearty, but still sweet enough for me. I'm sure you could use honey, agave, or some other sugar substitute if desired.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
  • 3/4 cup Malt-o-Meal
  • 1/2 cup sugar (I used a little less)
  • 3/4 cup milk (I used soy milk)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Raisins, optional (I added this)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients
  3. Stir together until al ingredients are moistened
  4. Pour batter into greased or paper-lined muffin pans, filling cups 3/4 full
  5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until center is form to the touch
  6. If desired, sprinkle raisins on top of warm muffins
Yield: 12 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...