04 December 2011

stove top tuna noodle casserole

This is for my friend Joy who requested the recipe. I thought if I'm going to type it out I might at least put it here. This is an easy weeknight recipe. It's extra good and economical right now as fresh broccoli is in peak season. I make a quick white sauce while the noodles are cooking, but you could easily save time by using a pre-packaged alfredo sauce. Serves 6-8

White sauce (makes 1.5 cups)*
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1/4 tsp salt
dash black pepper
1.5 c milk

in a small saucepan melt butter over med. heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to combine. Wisk in milk. Cook and stir over med. heat until thickened and bubbily. Cook one minute more. I usually add a cup or so of parmesan cheese after it's cooked.

Other Ingredients:
1 large head of broccoli or one package frozen. (I usually add even 2 or 3 heads.)
1 lb pasta of choice (I like penne)
2 cans tuna- drained

In a large saucepan, Cook noodles according to package directions. with about 4-5 minutes left add broccoli. When noodles are done, drain and put back in hot pot. Add sauce and tuna and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.


*depending on how you like it, you may want to double sauce recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...