For Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup jam of your choice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine flour and salt in large bowl. Add shortening and butter and blend with a fork. Blend until mixture is fairly coarse.
- Add water, 1 tablespoons at a time, gently mixing dough until dough forms a ball.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roll into a square/rectangle. Cut out long strips about 2 inches wide. Take 1 strip and place jam on one half and then fold the other half over the jam.
- Place poptart on a cookie sheet. Take a fork and press it into the dough all along the edges to seal the edges.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- While poptarts are baking, make glaze.
- Once poptarts are sufficiently cool, top with glaze.