25 July 2009

peanut butter pizzas

The real name for this recipe is On-the-Double Peanut Butter Cookies, but I like to call them peanut butter pizzas because they look like little pizza slices to me. I made these for our Family Home Evening treat this week. I had to tweak the recipe a bit, but they hit the spot!

This recipe comes from Betty Crocker Baking for Today. It is a great cookbook that I use a lot!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. In large bowl, mix sugars, peanut butter, oil, and egg with spoon until smooth
  3. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
  4. Divide dough into fourths
  5. On ungreased cookie sheet, shape each fourth into a 14 inch roll
  6. Place 2 rolls on a cookie sheet
  7. Pat each roll to about 1/2 inch thickness
  8. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter chips on each strip
  9. Pat lightly
  10. Bake 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown
  11. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes
  12. Cut each strip crosswise at an angle into 2 inch slices
  13. Cut slices crosswise at an angle the other direction to make triangle shapes
  14. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack
How I Tweaked the Recipe
I used natural peanut butter, which made the dough too dry. I added soy milk to moisten it, but then it was a little too sticky. I also used whole wheat flour instead of white flour. I had to add more flour to the dough to get it to be less sticky. I also didn't have peanut butter chips so I used a Lindt chocolate bar and broke it up into little chunks.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I think that I need to go make these right now! You are so creative, super site, I think I will have to visit often, the asparagus sounds really good too, I've never tried it that way. It was fun to get to know you a little better at the river the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heart peanut butter. i think i'm part wiley in this respect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Steph loving peanut butter is part of being a wiley. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...