I already posted about making granola for the first time on my personal blog, but I wanted to post the recipe here too. It is super easy and super tasty. This time I added dried pineapple chunks, blue berries, and almonds. Soooooo good! Try it!
Here is the original recipe, but you can do all sorts of fun things with it!
• 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (from our food storage)
• 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
• 1 cup golden raisins
• 3/4 cup agave nectar
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Salt, to taste
1. Combine oats, nuts and raisins in large mixing bowl; mix well and set aside.
2. Combine agave, butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in saucepan; bring to boil and cook one minute.
3. Pour agave mixture over oat mixture and toss until well blended. Spread in lightly greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned; stir every 5 minutes. Cool. Crumble and store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.